Sunday, August 1, 2010

Night 6/ Day 7- Aspen, CO

Telluride had been so fun, and we left so abruptly, that I was in a bit of a mood on our way over to Aspen. I also had some trouble with the altitude during the drive so it's no wonder that I headed into Aspen with a grudge :-)




We stayed in Snowmass Village which is right next to Aspen. There is a free transportation system that takes you over to Aspen. In all honesty, I wish we had just stayed in Snowmass. Everything was so expensive in Aspen. I felt like it was a huge Newbury St. I didn't feel like we belonged here at all, which was oh so evident when we went here:




for a glass of wine only to find out that it was $15 a glass!

I will say that I absolutely loved 39 Degrees at the Sky Hotel. The concierge at our lodge in Telluride told us to check this place out and he was right. We got to sit by their pool and enjoy the fire pit! We ended up staying there for almost two hours and felt like we had salvaged the day in Aspen.






That's when things got really bad. We took the shuttle back to Snowmass only to realize that we didn't know the name of our hotel. All of the places have similar names and none of the streets have lights! A group of people saw us and recommended that we join them at Base Camp for the music. Long story short, we were there for ten minutes, had a great time, but witnessed three bar fights and decided to leave.

We managed to find our hotel in the dark and hoped that the last stop on our trip would be better than Aspen.

No comments:

Post a Comment