Friday, August 20, 2010

Restaurant Week!

Restaurant Week is always a favorite of mine. RW lets you try restaurants that you might not normally try. One of my favorite restaurants was discovered on a Restaurant Week outing a while back. I don't think I would've tried The Grotto if it wasn't for RW and now it's a favorite!

This year we decided to try Toscano's on Charles Street. I was particularly drawn to this place because they had so many choices on their RW menu! I was also intrigued by their location. I've been meaning to spend some more time on Charles Street and this offered the perfect excuse.

Additionally, Alibi is near by and we had an 8:30 reservation at the restaurant which left just the right amount of time for a quick stop. I really love the atmosphere at this place and am thrilled it's making it into the rotation on a more regular basis!

The walk to the restaurant was rather short but was a lovely stroll on Charles Street. It's such a cute street with great shops and restaurants. We were talking about how it would make a great winter destination since it's so close to the T.

Our dinner was delicious. The veal meatballs are the best meatballs I have ever had, and I don't even like meatballs. The lobster risotto was brimming with fresh lobster meat and the tiramisu was decadent. It was also fun to go out on a Thursday night... to start the weekend a bit early (although since I'm on vacation every day is the weekend!) It was also nice to be with such great friends. The city can be fun on your own but it's even better with good friends to share it with!

I feel totally inspired by the excursion and can't wait to go exploring again! I could definitely envision walking down Charles Street on a weekend morning with my coffee :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment