Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just Call Me City Girl

Wow! This weekend was absolutely amazing! Friday afternoon was the first time I had had the chance to walk into Harvard Square, and down by the river, since November. It was a bit brisk but I felt like I was in my element again!

After my walk I was starving, and craving pizza, so I decided to hit up City Girl Cafe. I've lived in Inman for a year and a half and I've only gotten pizza here once. That will be changing! So yummy!!! Just don't be fooled by the tomato and mozzarella salad... they marinade the cheese in a mix of balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes and it just doesn't work.

I definitely felt like a city girl on Saturday. It was so gorgeous out and the sun was shining so brightly that JO and I took a walk into the Square to grab lunch. I just absolutely love our neighborhood and how close it is to everything. We arrived in the square and we weren't alone. There were so many people in the square and it had such a great, lively energy. I especially loved all of the SFD, Season Fashion Disorder. I mean I know it was nice out but it's not sun dress weather. On the flip side it was a tad too warm to justify Uggs and a down bomber jacket! SFD tends to me more of a problem in the fall, those poor Harvard freshman from the West Coast don't realize that the fall is actually a separate season from the winter.

It was even warm enough for some of the restaurants to open up their outdoor dining areas. In the city, outdoor dining is the ultimate sign of spring and summer. One of our favorite outdoor venues is Charlie's Kitchen which offers an awesome Beer Garden. It wasn't supposed to open until next week but they opened up early and we took advantage.

The city day didn't stop there. We headed back into the square later that night to have dinner with some friends at Daedalus Resturaunt. I've blogged about this place's amazing roof deck, but their dining room is really nice too. The food was so delicious and I was thrilled that there were four people who had never eaten there before that loved it!!! I love sharing my favorite spots! After a delicious dinner we headed over to Tommy Doyle's Irish Pub & Restaurant :: Harvard Square.

Today my parents came to visit and we headed back to the Square to have lunch at The Red House Cambridge. The Red House has an awesome outdoor patio, although we didn't take advantage of that today. Even indoors, the experience was lovely...and the food was delicious!!

I had an awesome birthday weekend in the city, with such great friends! I cannot wait for outdoor dining season...better squeeze in those last few winter restaurants!

And now to end the weekend with the Oscar red carpet... sweet perfection!

1 comment:

  1. If I wasn't also there for most of this fun, I'd be jealous...

    ReplyDelete