Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thank Goodness for Galoshes!

There once was a time when spending money on such "luxuries" like umbrellas, warm winter coats, and raincoats was not an option for me. I remember the days when I would wear hooded sweatshirts under my old twirling jacket when it rained or double up on coats when it was cold. I certainly would never have even entertained the notion of buying galoshes to keep my feet dry!

Things have certainly changed. Earlier this year I bought a big, puffy down jacket from Eddie Bauer that single-handedly changed my outlook on winter. I even have two different umbrellas. I still don't have a raincoat but a few weeks ago, after the epic rainstorm, I decided that I did in fact have enough "expendable" money to invest in a pair of galoshes. Thank goodness I did, since we're experiencing yet another Noah's Ark moment here in New England.

They came in quite handy last night when JO and I decided to be spontaneous and try Koreana for dinner. Koreana, a Korean barbecue, is located just a few blocks from our apartment. My feet were completely dry in those galoshes! We ordered the chicken and beef and it was grilled right in the center of our table. It was a pretty fun evening. Walking in the rain is a lot more fun when you have the option of jumping in the puddles if you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment