Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 3: Afternoon in the Boston

For Day 3 of Mission 5, JO and I headed into Boston for a walk around the Public Gardens and lunch on Newbury St. The Public Gardens, and especially the Swan Boats, is my absolute favorite spot in Boston. I even did a project about the Swan Boats when I was in grad school. Apparently everyone had the same idea as us since the line for the boats was the longest I have ever seen it... and I go a lot!

I was slightly disappointed that we weren't going to be able to go for a relaxing ride but we took the opportunity to walk all around and see the beautiful flowers blooming. When I was in the Gardens on Monday for the marathon we saw Russell Brand surrounded by paparazzi...today was less eventful. We'll have to come back soon because spring doesn't officially start until I go for a ride on the boats.

We took a leisurely walk down Newbury St. scoping out our outdoor dining options. We had lots to pick from but we ended up at Piattini Wine Cafe. Even though I had eaten here on Monday I couldn't resist going back. It's so good... and the outdoor patio is great. I had the lobster ravioli and they were amazing!

After a delicious, relaxing lunch we decided to walk home. Normally I'm not up for this kind of urban hiking because it encourages walking into Boston when we go out, which forces me to wear sneakers too much, but it was so beautiful out and I had no where to be. It was a surprisingly nice walk up to Mass Ave. and then over the Charles River into Central Square. I'm thinking I might do a loop on Friday morning if the weather holds up.

Today made me long for my summer mornings in the Square and walks around the river!

No comments:

Post a Comment