Monday, April 19, 2010

Mission 5

I decided this morning that my vacation needed a little structure. It's so easy to stay home and relax during vacation but I don't want to waste these great city days. So, I decided to create a vacation mission: 5 city outings in 5 days!

Day 1: Marathon Monday in Boston. This was an easy one since I already had plans to head into Boston for the Marathon with a good friend of mine. It was a bit cloudy, but the sun fought it's way out, and it ended up being a great day in the city. We managed to get a pretty good spot at the finish line and watched the finishers for about two hours.

We headed over to Newbury St. for lunch. I was quite excited when we ended up at Piattini Wine Cafe and didn't have to wait for a table (that never happens.) Everyone was one street over cheering on the runners. I love Piattini! They have a great selection of salads, paninis, and pasta dishes. They also have a great house wine! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for delicious, affordable Italian food on Newbury St.

Today was a great way to start off vacation! I'm hoping for some roof decks in my future :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment