Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 5: Saving the Best for Last

Day 5 of Mission 5 was definitely the highlight of the week. It started with a return to the Swan Boats and some urban hiking. With lots of rainy days projected for the next week we decided to give the Swan Boats again. We got there right after they opened but there was still such a long line. We didn't give up though, and a half hour later we were on the Swan Boats. I love, love, love how relaxed I feel when I'm on the Swan Boats.

After the Swan Boat ride we did some urban hiking back to our place in Cambridge. Of course, we made some stops on Newbury Street including a nice lunch at Scoozi. I can definitely picture myself going for this walk a lot this summer!

We had made dinner plans with our good friends at the Grotto in the Beacon Hill area. K and I worked out a rather great plan of stopping at Alibi at the The Liberty Hotel Boston on our way. I will definitely be going back this summer to enjoy the outside patio.

The Grotto is probably my favorite restaurant in Boston. We discovered it a few years ago during Restaurant Week and I'm so glad we did! The food is delectable and the atmosphere is really quintessential Beacon Hill. They have an appetizer of garlic soup with truffle oil that is out of this world! All of the entrees are delicious, especially the gnocci!

It was such a great "city" way to end vacation. There is so much to look forward to this summer! Eight short weeks and it will be summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment