Monday, December 26, 2022

Dinner at Yvonne's

 We discovered a few years ago that the best night to get a reservation at one of those "impossible to get reservations at" restaurants is to go on Halloween.  We took advantage of this this year by booking a table at Yvonne's.  Yvonne's is owned by the same restaurant group that owns Mariel, Ruka, and Coquette.  Yvonne's is in the space previously occupied by the historic Locke-Ober.

Yvonne's has two dining spaces.  The first is the "library" room.  I wish we had sat in that space because it just looked so intimate and cozy.  The second space is the "lounge" area.  The decor is this fantastic over the top opulent style featuring crazy chandeliers and velvet booths.  The space is anchored by this amazing carved wooden bar, which is left over from Locke-Ober.  (After dinner we had drinks and dessert at this bar and I really loved it...better than eating dinner in the lounge dining room.  Plus, the cocktails were fantastic!)



All of the restaurants owned by this restaurant group go over the top with decor and match it with the quality of the food.  I think I liked the Yvonne's food the least though.  (It was recently just voted top 50 restaurants in Boston in Boston Magazine and I'm a little surprised.) My other issue with dinner was that everything came so fast.  From being seated to the final plate, I think the meal lasted 30 minutes, and I'm a slow eater.  


Like I said above, the drinks and time spent at the bar were really great.  If this bar didn't get filled up so fast all the time, I could see spending lots of city nights right there.  My new cocktail hand jewelry also looked perfect in this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment