Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The Nutcracker

It's not officially Christmas until we go to The Nutcracker.  We used to get tickets for the last week before Christmas, but by then I was too exhausted from school to fully enjoy the show.  Now we get tickets for the second week in December and it works out perfectly.  (Pro tip- in November they will put Nutcracker tickets on 50% sale for a few days and you can get some amazing seats at amazing prices.)

I let JO pick the dinner spot this time (since Teatro is gone) and he picked Ruka, his favorite restaurant in the city.  The added bonus is that Ruka is right next door to the theater.  Ruka is a restaurant from the team behind Yvonne's, Mariel, and Coquette and features a Peruvian/Asian fusion menu.  The decor is over the top in wonderful way and the food and drink are top notch.  The food was so good that I can't wait to go back.



After dinner we headed right to the theater.  For the Nutcracker I like to arrive right at 7:00.  This gives you time for pictures before it gets too crowded and a drink on the second floor balcony overlooking the lobby.  (Pro tip- there's a secret bar on the second floor in the back around the corner with no line at all.) I was disappointed that they aren't doing pictures with the teddy bear anymore but that disappointment went away when an older woman gifted me a glass of champagne because she loved my dress.  (I loved me dress too!)

JO surprised me with second row center seats and it was incredible.  This year's show just seemed even better than usual.  It made my heart happy and made all my December stress disappear.

On our way home we stopped in at the Ritz to check out there tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment