Sunday, October 19, 2014

Casa de Portugal

A few Fridays ago I was totally beat.  It had been a rough week at school, and I had stayed in my classroom until almost 6:00 in an attempt to feel like I wasn't drowning.  JO had plans to go to a game night later in the evening so I figured I would be on my own for dinner.  I really needed a little city outing to get my mojo back, but I figured I would have to wait until Saturday.  But in true JO fashion, he was able to squeeze in a trip to Casa de Portugal before leaving for his game night.

Casa de Portugal is one of those things that makes Inman Square so great.  It's a family owned and run restaurant.  It's cozy and it makes you feel like you are somewhere in the North End, without having to leave your neighborhood.  The waitstaff always greets us with a warm welcome and the food is always yummy!  I decided to try a different meal this time, I always get the chicken with mushrooms, and it didn't disappoint.  The steak with mustard and wine sauce was so tasty, and came with the delicious Portuguese potatoes that are a staple here.  I felt so much better after dinner, and ready to enjoy the long weekend!

Sometimes you just need to be in your neighborhood to feel alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment