Monday, October 13, 2014

Three Mile Island

Sometimes you just need to get away from everything.  School, the city, your condo, your mail, your schoolwork, your obligations, etc.  Each fall, my dad does just that by going to Three Mile Island on Lake Winnipesaukee.  It's an "unplugged" experience with no electricity, except in the lodge, and no real facilities.  Every year I whine in the days leading up to the trip because I have too much to do, and every year I get teary eyed when we leave.  I can't really put the experience into words, other than to say it changes you.  I also absolutely love getting to see my dad hang out with his friends.  He seems to shed twenty years and I love seeing him so happy.

This year it was a bit chilly, well downright cold, but it was still a lot of fun.  We had delicious meals, beautiful views, fun times playing cards and "Happy Hour" in the mist by the fire.








No comments:

Post a Comment