Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunset in the City

Last week I made a resolution to do one thing in the city each week. I really feel like I need to take advantage of the amazing opportunity that I have to live where I live.

I was telling JO about the resolution and immediately starting complaining that the first week of the new year was too busy and that I would already have to break it. I had three meetings this week and my weekend is full of basketball and twirling contests. I also desperately needed to get a new pair of rock climbing shoes since I can no longer wear my current pair without extreme pain.

JO saved the day by suggesting that on Friday night we hit up the EMS on Commonwealth Ave. and then check out one of the many restaurants in the area. Score!!!

The EMS staff was quite amused when I told them I only cared about comfort and wasn't worried about performance at all with my new shoes. The man tried to convince me of the power of performance shoes but I resisted. I was able to get a new pair of climbing shoes, EVOLV Women's Elektra Climbing Shoes, that feel like slippers on my feet.

Our original plan had us eating at Brown Sugar Cafe which is a great Thai restaurant, but that's when I had a brilliant idea. I knew the Sunset Cantina was in the neighborhood and after a long week back at work I thought that was the better destination. I couldn't believe that they have Lindemann's Raspberry Lambic on tap. I'll definitely be going back!

I'm very glad that even though things were crazy this week I was able to find time to enjoy the city! It gives me hope for the rest of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment