Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Perfect City Night

It was the next to the last week of school and I had just stayed at school until 5:30 on a Friday night so when there happened to be a reservation at one of my favorite restaurants, Teatro, I snatched it right up.  
Our perfect city evening began with dinner at Teatro.  I had my heart set on my standard meal here- truffled deviled eggs and the mushroom risotto.  To my shock and disappointment neither of these items are still on the menu.  We were able to get deviled eggs by pleading with the waiter, but they were truffleless.  Despite the missing menu items we all enjoyed our meals and the service is never anything less than perfect here.

After dinner we decided to find a place to grab a drink and extend the evening.  We were headed over to J.J. Foley's when we stumbled upon an outdoor table just waiting for us at Sip Wine Bar.  As a general city rule, if you find an outdoor table on a Friday night in the city you take it.  I really liked this place.  The staff was friendly and helpful and we were all really pleased with our wines.  Our view wasn't too shabby either.


Once again I had to pinch myself and say, "Is this really your life?" 

The patio closes at 10:30 due to the Ritz Carlton hotel next door so we settled up and headed back towards the T, but none of us wanted the evening to end so we decided to hit up the Avery Bar at the Ritz.  It must have been our lucky night since we walked right in and found three seats together at the bar.  When the waiter poured my prosecco I could hear it bubbling.  My drink was actually kind of loud and delicious!  We all talked about things to do this summer (little did we know about the epic heat waves to hit in July.)

It was one of those perfect city nights where everything goes your way!  It was much needed after a long, long day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment