Sunday, January 1, 2017

Babbo Pizzeria

My college friends and I kicked off the holiday season with a Girls Night at Babbo in the Seaport.  I had never been to Babbo and I'm so glad my friends introduced me to this place.  Babbo, a Mario Batali restaurant, is on a side street in the Seaport.  The space is large and open and has the right level of chatter.  It sounds busy and festive but you can easily have a conversation with the people sitting at your table.  We were lucky to be able to sample a lot of dishes because one of our friends knew the chef.  And sample we did!  Everything we had was delicious and beautifully prepared.  I loved the carbonara pasta, gnocchi with truffles, and the beet salad.  I got the affogato for dessert and am still dreaming about it.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is great.  It was a great venue for a get together with good friends.  Definitely felt like a special night out but without the stuffiness some places give off.  The prices were pretty reasonable and the service was great.  I am definitely going back to Babbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment