Sunday, June 6, 2021

Days 443- 449 Come on Mother Nature

 Come on Mother Nature.  Last weekend we had a cold snap and this week a heat wave!  I do not do well with hot weather.  I get annoyed to be missing out on fun outside things and I really hate being hot.


Despite the mixed weather, we were able to enjoy the perfect weather on Tuesday night to enjoy the patio at Moona.  It has been way too long since our last visit and it felt great to be back.  We enjoyed catching up with the waitstaff.  This place got us through the summer because of their delicious foods and safe patio setup.  I'm so thankful they made it to this point.



We had to run some errands yesterday and those errands took us to Woburn.  We spotted a cool looking patio and decided to brave the heat (thank goodness for the umbrella) to check it out.  I didn't realize until after we had sat down that we were at the Baldwin Bar.  This place always shows up in Boston Magazine and I get why!  I had a chance to peak inside and the interior is super cute.  The building used to be a "mansion" and they've kept all the rooms and added some funky design elements.  

I'm cruising towards the end of the year.  Typically my eyes are firmly set on summer vacation.  (June is the hardest month.  It's like December but without Santa to blame.) This year I don't have the "June tired" and I also haven't had to deal with any of the typical behavior issues that crop up at this time of year.  I'm actually really sad to see this year end and to let this group of kids and parents go.  It's been a really unique year and most of what I experienced were once in a lifetime kinds of things (like not commuting) so it feels like the end of something instead of the way the end of the year normally feels.  Sometime, when I have more time I'll blog all about the positives and negatives from this year but I have to do too much work today.

One thing I will really miss, is working from home with my cats, even when Denali is hiding behind my computer trying to sneak my chicken parm sub!


And finally, democracy is on the line!  This is not ok.  We can't let our guard down!



No comments:

Post a Comment