Monday, June 14, 2021

Days 450-456 Some Highlights and Some Lowlights

 This past week was filled with a variety of emotions.  We're getting closer to the end of school and for the first time in forever, I'm not heading into summer completely exhausted.  There's a saying, "There is no tired like June tired" and it's so true.  Typically, you're just trying to survive each day and this June is very different for me.  There are no epic battles with the copy machine, no crying, no frayed nerves, no exhaustion.  I'm really sad to see this year end because I feel like I accomplished a lot and I feel like we created something really special.    (Oh my god, I have not missed the copier)


I had fun putting together some end of the year gifts for the kids!  I really want them to look back at this time and remember it as something fun.




I'm also having some trouble getting back into the swing of city living, which is kind of surprising to me.  I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that we are in between houses right now.  We sold our apartment back in January with the anticipation of moving into a new place a few weeks later.  Well, it's been many weeks since then and we're in temporary housing that doesn't feel like a home.  It's also located in Fresh Pond and it's not easy to walk anywhere and walking around the city is a pretty big part of city living.  (Once I have more time, I'm coming back to this story because it's one deserving of it's own post.)

We tried to get out and enjoy the weather with visits to Ole and to Bow Market.  We actually really needed the fire pit on Friday night.  I do love sitting by the fire and I'm grateful these came out of the pandemic.


On Sunday, we were supposed to go hiking but that got derailed when we realized our hiking boots weren't in the car.  We turned around and headed home with a whole afternoon ahead of us.  We decided to drive over to Lawn on D to enjoy the sunshine and some live music.  We finally got the elusive picture in the swings.  We walked around the Seaport and it's crazy how much the area has changed.  It's fully of shops and stores and they even have a grocery store now.  While that is exciting, I've always liked the Seaport because it's spread out and less built up.


When we got home we both agreed we needed to extend the day so we headed over to Union Square.  We had dinner at The Independent.  This place never disappoints and now that they can have their indoors back open, we were actually able to get a spot on the patio without needing a reservation.  After dinner we walked up to the tower and then enjoyed a fluff cone from the most progressive ice cream shop in the area!


No comments:

Post a Comment