Sunday, June 27, 2021

Done Counting

 Since it seems like, at least for now, we are getting back to some sort of new normal, I've decided to stop counting the days since lockdown.  I'm so thankful that I chronicled this time in my life and this time in the world.  Not only did it give me something to do, but I felt like I owed it to myself to capture all the feels as they were happening.

This week was the first week of summer vacation for me.  Since we're stuck in limbo with our new house, it didn't really feel like summer vacation.  Our temporary housing isn't exactly a jumping off place for city adventures and it's hard to plan anything because we feel so stuck.  

Thankfully, JO suggested we go out on Monday and enjoy the beautiful patio weather.  We had dinner at Desfina's, a Greek restaurant in Kendall Square.  We love this place and were really happy to see it recently rank in the top 10 for Greek spots in the city.  I love that they made a patio during the pandemic.  As usual, the food did not disappoint!

After dinner, the weather was so great, that we decided to walk down by the river.  We were thinking we could grab a drink at ArtBar but they weren't open.  Instead, we walked over to Hotel Marlowe to enjoy the patio at Bambara.  They did a great job with their courtyard patio.  They have a cute drink bar cart for the weekends, nice iron bistro tables, and some couch seating as well.  On the weekends, they even have live music.  The patio is in the rotunda space so it's definitely away from the street noise.  I really enjoyed our time here.  It was relaxing and I always love a hotel bar.  It was fun to see the guests arrive, and Hotel Marlowe is a very dog friendly hotel so it was also fun to see the furry guests.  I definitely felt more like I was on summer vacation after that.




The rest of the week was a mishmash of picnic lunches in the park, catching up on some much needed self care, and trying my hand at blueberry mojitos.



On Thursday, it was beautiful weather again so we booked a spot at Colette's patio.  Unfortunately, by the time we got there the wind had picked up and we spent most of the meal trying not to get blown away.  The macaroons more than made up for the challenges.


Things seem to be recalibrating around here.  Just a month ago, everything was packed and trying to find a spot to eat was challenging.  Between indoor seating and people vacationing again, things are sorting themselves out.  

Yesterday, we actually socialized with four other people 🤣We enjoyed a lovely day at a friend of a friend's lake house.  I definitely felt like I was on vacation, sitting by the fire pit!


No comments:

Post a Comment