Sunday, November 3, 2019

I met Coach Auriemma and it was Awesome as you Would Expect

Last Saturday I pretended to be a basketball coach so that I could listen to Coach Auriemma, head coach for my beloved UConn Huskies!  Coach Auriemma was the keynote speaker at the Harvard Coaches Clinic.

The clinic itself was super interesting, even though I'm not a basketball coach.  It was neat to see the drills and offensive/defensive switches that the coaches were focusing on.  I'm so excited for basketball season to get here. Obviously, the main draw of the day was the two hours with Coach Auriemma.  He started off with talking about coaching in general and then he talked defensive rotation (which I found fascinating since his Husky teams have been so, so good at it~ now I feel like I really understand what they are doing.) He ended with a Q and A session where he was asked about a lot of his Husky legends.  I was so motivated by everything he said about teamwork and consistency.  I took so many pieces of advice back that I can use in my classroom.


When the clinic was all over, Geno stuck around for a while and I was lucky enough to meet him!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment