Saturday, November 30, 2019

Nebo was a Winner

For the past few years, around the holidays, my college friends have gotten together for dinner in the city.  I'm in charge of picking the restaurant, which is always a bit of a challenge.  After all, I don't want to lose my "city" reputation.  This year, when there was a request for a restaurant near South Station, I knew exactly where we should go.

Nebo is a lovely, modern Italian restaurant a five minute walk from South Station.  The menu has lots of variety, and features many different prices to accommodate anyone's budget.  Plus the wines and cocktails are always delicious.  I also love the Nebo is a huge space, so you don't feel like you are on top of the other guests.  There's a huge bar area (that I want to go back to ASAP), and a nice dining room space on the side.  There's a somewhat open kitchen area in the center.  The ceilings are huge and the decor is definitely industrial with lots of soft lighting and pretty wood to warm the space.  

While I was walking over the restaurant, I was totally caught up in the tall buildings and the lights.  There is something really special about stepping out of South Station at night.  You definitely have this city moment, and it never gets old.  

We ended up ordering several antipasti dishes, splitting one of the pizzas (and drinking a few glasses of wine 😉), and the bag of donut strings!  I loved getting to catch up with everyone and showing off my city to my friends!  (everyone loved the restaurant- another success!  Nebo was the perfect place for a night out with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment