Saturday, November 30, 2019

Sulmona and Area 4

A few weeks ago we got to visit with a good friend who used to live in the city but moved out to Portland several years ago.  Whenever she comes back to Boston she organizes a night out and I help her pick the restaurant.  It's a tricky job, since I need to find a restaurant that is stylish, an "it" destination, yet good for gathering, lingering, and chatting.   For this visit, I picked Sulmona in Kendall Square.  I went with Sulmona because they have a great interior and atmosphere, yummy drinks and wine, and the food is really delicious.  It was a really fun dinner and when it was over we wanted to continue the evening.  My plan was to go to Catalyst and hang out by the fire place, but to our chagrin they were closed.  At the point in the evening, I really didn't feel like walking around so I suggested Area 4, which is always getting rave reviews for their cocktails.  We had the entire place to ourselves, to the point where I don't think they were thrilled that we were there 😉  In any event, it was a fun ending to the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment