Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Ghost Walks

There is no tired like May Teacher Tired (well, except for June Teacher Tired) so it was no surprise that when I got home from a super long Friday all I wanted to do was crawl into bed.  It was too cold for a patio and I could barely keep my eyes open.  The rest of my weekend was packed solid so if we were going to go out it had to be tonight.  Once again, JO managed to convince me to opt for the city instead of the bed.

I had been wanting to check out The Ghost Walks since it opened a few weeks ago.  The owners said they wanted to create a space where every part of the experience was Instagrammable.  The pictures looked awesome so off we went.  The lounge is near the W hotel, behind the theater district.

We were able to get two seats at the bar.  There is some lounge seating and lots of booths.  One corner has a champagne vending machine (yep, you read that correctly).  The cocktail menu is all about the vessels.  They serve a drink in a popcorn box, a camera lens (an absolutely picture perfect drink that I will be going back to get), tiki glasses, etc.  Their signature mixed drinks are all served in the can with a nip dumped in.  This was my mojito.


The mojito was definitely something worthy of Instagram, but it really wasn't that tasty.  I like my mojitos muddled over ice but The Ghost Walks deserves an A+ for effort and production value.


We had such a fun time hanging out at the new "it" spot in town.  I love that even after living here for as long as we have (ten years, gasp) we still take advantage of everything the city has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment