Monday, August 7, 2017

Adventures in the Pacific Northwest~ Part 1~ Portland

I headed out to Portland and Seattle a few weeks ago to visit friends and family and to watch the WNBA All-Star Game (see part 2.)

The first stop on my adventure was Portland, Oregon to visit a good friend who had moved to Portland a few years ago.  No sooner had I landed, then we were hitting the ground running with brunch at Besaw's (great modern industrial decor and amazing huevos rancheros) and shopping in the Northwest District (a real life Prana store~ oh my!)

The next day we headed out to Cannon Beach to check out the ocean and of course, Haystack Rock (of Hey you guys Goonies fame)!


We also went to the end of the Oregon Trail, and I did not die of dysentery (if you don't get this it's because your social studies lessons in elementary school didn't revolve around a video game.)



Of course, we also enjoyed some delicious meals at some of Portland's best restaurants~ Nostrana (I am now in love with tomato butter sauce), Grano's Bakery and Market (super coffee) and Kenny and Zuke's Delicatessen (delicious bagels.) 

My time in Portland was really fun.  The weather was gorgeous, as usual, and my friend was an incredible host.  Summers out here really can trick you and make you forget that it rains for like six straight months.  I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had a train to Seattle to catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment