Monday, August 7, 2017

Pacific Northwest Adventure~ Part 2~ Seattle

I 💖 Seattle.  (I've only ever been in the summer, when the weather is pretty much perfection and thus, have avoided the endless dreary, rainy days that plague a lot of the year out there.)

First~ the weather in the summer is incredible.  It's typically sunny, 70-mid 80s, with no humidity!  Did you hear me?  No humidity!  That right there is mind blowing to me.  This summer hasn't been to bad here, but remember last summer, when it was pretty much really gross all the time and walking around was like the worst thing imaginable.  They don't have that in Seattle!

Second~ some of my favorite people live there!  My Florida family moved to Seattle, and as a result, I got a second city to love!  I love visiting with my cousins.  Growing up, they were like the sisters I never had.  Now Cristina has an adorable dog Lily (my cousin dog)


I love Lily!
and Lee has a lovely family with three kids who are just so adorable and fun to hang out with! (This should probably be the first reason but I can't copy and paste on this blog, so yes, I know family comes before weather!)

Third~ it's a super walkable city.  I love walking around, and the weather lends itself to walking, so basically city winning all around!  Plus, my cousin, who I was staying with, lives in Queen Anne's which is super close to the Space Needle and only a mile and half from the Public Market!

We packed a lot of fun into the four days I was in Seattle! (And, I didn't even include all of the game related stuff in this post...stay tuned!)

Oxbow Park was a must visit, because, who doesn't love giant cowboy accessories in a playground?


Dinner at Fonda La Catrina in the Georgetown neighborhood was delicious!  Bonus points for red and white checkered plastic tablecloths.

Drinks at Laredos with a Space Needle view was fun!


Coffee every morning at Caffe Vita was the right choice!  They may have ruined Dunkin's iced coffee for me forever!



Hey, Facebook, I see what you did there!


The Public Market lives up to it's reputation!  I wanted to buy everything I saw!  I stuck to peaches and cherries and they were delicious (and I don't even eat fruit!)



those are the cherries




Dinner at West Seattle's Marination offers stellar views of the city and delicious, hand crafted tacos!



The Great Wheel was a fun start to my Friday in Seattle.




Lunch at La Vita E Bella was as delicious as I remembered it from my last visit.  (side note- prosecco, gnochhi, and Space Needle views are a winning combination!)



The Chihuly Glass Museum was stunning!  The kind of place you can easily get carried away in.









And of course, the views from the Space Needle are a must do!





We enjoyed a lovely seafood dinner at Taylor Shellfish Oyster Bar.  Who knew arugula walnut pesto would pair so nicely with steamers?  Also, the waiter told us that Megan Rapinoe likes to go here for dinner (Megan Rapinoe will also make a cameo in my next post, so stay tuned).



The Bite of Seattle was going on and we enjoyed some delicious food and many Polar Seltzer samples by the fountain before the WNBA game (more on the game in the next post...yes, I know Megan Rapinoe plays soccer but you'll see how that connects when I finish the next post.)

If you've never had Ellenos Yogurt or Theo's Chocolate, go to Seattle now (before you miss out on the nice weather) and get some stat!  We made a special trip to the grocery store for this stuff!  I don't even like yogurt and I fell in love with it!  And don't get me started on this dark chocolate with sea salt from Theo's!  Delicious!


We completed the two and half mile loop at Seward Park and enjoyed the beautiful views of Lake Washington


before having "the best sandwich ever" from Paseos! (I wish I had a picture because it was a really good sandwich.  I think Puritan's meatball sub is a little better but this was a good sandwich!)

We finished the trip with one last outing to Lottie's Lounge in Capital Hill.

I definitely loved coming home to JO and the kittens, but I had such an amazing time in Seattle!  I'm already trying to figure out how I can swing a trip out there next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment