Thursday, June 28, 2018

Boston Day of Fun

When Mother Nature gives you a perfect weather day you need to take advantage!  That's exactly what I did on Tuesday.  With the sun shining and temps in the low 70s I had the perfect plan!

First, (I bet you can't guess this), coffee in the Square.  I stayed an extra long time because a heatwave is coming next week and also I witnessed a field trip gone awry and I couldn't tear myself away.  (It's so weird to be on the other side.  I wan't to go over and hug the teachers and point them in the direction of the nearest bar, but obviously I didn't.)

Next I headed in to Newbury Street to get a table at Piattini Wine Cafe.   This place is really great.  I have never once not been able to get a patio seat, the food is delicious, and the prices are great.  It's also a perfect place for a solo lunch.  The tables are small and lots of tourists and business people dine here so you don't feel strange eating alone.  As I was leaving, a waitress brought out several pasta dishes and I immediately sent JO a text letting him know we had to come back soon!  Seriously, the pasta smelled delicious!


After lunch I stopped in to some of my favorite stores for some window shopping as I made my way along Newbury Street.  This is such a great place for people watching and it really is one of the prettiest areas of the city.  The sidewalks are wide, brick buildings line the street, the trees are really well manicured and covered in white lights, and the storefronts oscillate between street level and garden level in this really lovely way.  It's a really relaxing part of the city with a good mix of expensive and affordable shopping options.

I'm not quite sure when I can have another city day like this because look at this horrible forecast!  (FYI- I hate heat waves!)


No comments:

Post a Comment