Monday, June 25, 2018

Miles of Music After Party

I used to walk down Palmer Street and stare in the windows of Club Passim.  I would see the flickering candle lights, all of the happy people, and the performers.  I would think about how special a spot Club Passim was to the Square, yet it took me almost ten years to go to a show there.  Now we go a few times a month and sit in the audience, surrounded by flickering lights and happy people, enjoying the musical acts!

When I heard Lula Wiles (probably my favorite local band) was finally back in town and performing as part of the Miles of Music After Party show I quickly grabbed two tickets for us.  I missed the only other Lula Wiles show this year so I was not going to miss this one.

The show featured several of the instructors who had just worked the Miles of Music Camp on Three Mile Island on Lake Winnipesaukee. It's funny because I think JO and I are always the only ones in the audience at these Three Mile Island shows that knows the island.  When the singers made jokes about the island we definitely understood them :-)

I was blown away by the talent on the stage.  Each singer/act took turns taking the stage.  Sometimes they were solo, sometimes with others backing them up.  There wasn't a song that I didn't enjoy.  Lula Wiles hit it out of the park, and they were the reason I had gone to the show, but I left with some new music to enjoy and some new performers to see on stage.




No comments:

Post a Comment