Friday, October 9, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Last night JO and I decided to go to the Reel Rock Film Tour in Arlington. It should've been a really fun evening watching some great rock climbing on film. I had a meeting until 6:00 so we decided it would be best to have JO pick me up at my meeting and head over to the movie.

The first unfortunate event occurred when there was a mix up with the address of the school where my meeting was. He ended up on the other side of the city, and I really couldn't help him since my sense of direction relies heavily on big red houses and light displays instead of street signs. JO is really good with directions, and doesn't like being directionally challenged. Needless to say there was a little stress here. Because of the mix up, we ended up being a half hour behind schedule.

The second unfortunate event occurred on our way from Waltham to Arlington. Hmmm... Route 2 at 6:45 p.m. is no one's friend! As a result, we didn't arrive at the theater until 7:00 which didn't leave us much time for dinner. We had two choices...a little Chinese place or Papa Gino's.

The third unfortunate event occurred when we picked the Chinese joint over Papa Gino's. I'm not sure what we were thinking, and why we didn't run when upon entering we were greeted by a table covered in the remnants of the owner's dinner of rancid cantaloupe and coleslaw. Our food didn't come out until 7:35, and the movie stared at 8:00. We took a few bites and ran across the street to try to find seats.

(The movies were great! The climbing was insane and pretty inspiring.)

Flash forward, by the way that's an excellent show, to this morning when I woke up severely dehydrated and dizzy. Ughh! I had to call in sick to work the day before a long weekend which doesn't make you look so good. Plus, I left all of my stuff at one of my schools and so now on Tuesday I have to go to that school to get the stuff before going to my Tuesday school. I'm pretty sure my illness can be traced back to MSG in the Chinese food!

Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow...I have a full weekend of shopping, dinners, drinks, and festivals to look forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment