Saturday, October 17, 2009

There's Only one Place I'd Rather Be...




There's only one place I'd rather be than Cambridge. Well maybe two, but my lack of French language skills makes living in Paris unfortunately a no go. If I wasn't in Cambridge I would hopefully be living in Storrs, CT...the college basketball capital of the country!

I'm a huge UConn Husky fan, and it's just about time for the best season of the year... college basketball! I'm what you might call a fanatic fan.... I have pom poms, game day rituals, a stuffed animal Husky, and a different Husky shirt for every day of the week.

Last night was First Night and JO and I headed down as soon as I was done with work. I wasn't even tired from having gotten up at 5:15 to go to work early. We hit a ton of traffic on the Mass Pike, so I missed the autograph session, but we made it with enough time to catch the pre-event twirling which made me smile. The show itself was great. The highlight video was awesome and the slam dunk contest was a lot of fun. I'm all pumped up for another run to the National Championship.

Once upon a time, I dreamed of moving to UConn and getting my PhD. I came really close a few years ago and was horribly disappointed when that didn't work out. My mind still wanders in that direction every so often, but I can't imagine leaving the city for the small town, albeit college town atmosphere, that is Storrs, CT. Who knows? Maybe I'll retire there :-)

2 comments:

  1. You have lived in both Paris and Cambridge, but you'd rather live in Storrs, Connecticut.

    I know, the Huskies rule. But taking a step back for a moment from College Basketball hysteria... that is a rather amusing statement.

    But what can I say? I'd rather live in the middle of the forest. So I can't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically I haven't lived in Paris (but I have spent a fair amount of time there.) I used to dream of living in Storrs, CT... but now my dreams have drifted towards retiring in Storrs, CT :-)

    I wouldn't give up my Cambridge life for anything... it took too long to get back!

    ReplyDelete