Friday, January 2, 2015

Harvard Square Tree Lighting

One of my favorite holiday traditions is the tree lighting at the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square.  This year marked the 9th year JO and I have gone to this event together.  There's always a live band playing Christmas carols and it's what I use to officially kickoff the holiday season and this year was no different.






After dinner we headed over to Kennedy's on the Square, what was formally known as First Printer.  I actually really liked First Printer so I was a bit disappointed when the space was reinvented as Kennedy's but the menu intrigued me so I was willing to try it out.  I really wanted to like this place but it everything we tried seemed to be missing an ingredient or two to really make it pop.  Plus the decor is a bit strange- giant pictures of JFK.  I know JFK went to Harvard but it just doesn't seem to make sense at all.  I'm glad we tried this place, just to say we did, but I can't imagine we'll be headed back anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment