Monday, July 6, 2020

Day 115~ Take a Hike

On Saturday we got up ridiculously early for quarantine times and drove up to New Hampshire to go hiking.  This was the first time we've left the state in a long, long time.  We knew that NH doesn't have a mask mandate (their numbers are super low and it's the Live Free or Die state) but I really freaked out when we stopped at a convenience store and masks were only "encouraged."  Of the seven people in the store, two of us had masks.  It really bothered me and I had to leave, which put me in a grumpy mood.  We also weren't able to get any sandwiches for the hike which meant we had no food to enjoy at the top 😕

Thankfully, the hiking trail was pretty empty although we did have several run ins with people not putting on their masks as they passed us.  One of the reasons I love hiking at Gunstock is that they have excellent facilities at the bottom....which were closed 😕 And whoops...it was 75% humidity on Saturday.  These things all combined for a less than stellar hiking experiences.  The views at the top were lovely though and didn't resemble my living room at all 😜

By the time we got down there was a craft fair going on.  I got freaked out all over again and we hightailed it out of there as fast as we could.  On the way home we passed a lake with a "Lake of the Ozarks" kind of thing happening 😱 I'm glad we went for a hike and got out of the house but it was unsettling to see so many people without masks.  I had been toying with the idea of going to New Hampshire for a weekend getaway but I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.  (I'm really starting to miss vacationing, especially because I hate the humidity in New England in the summer.)

Our fearless leader can take a hike with this new spin on the virus.  It infuriates me!


And these lovely people make me want to scream.  I spend 90% of my day in my living room and these fools think this is ok!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment