Sunday, October 4, 2015

16 Miles of Bike Riding in Rhode Island

I said it recently, but JO's parents are very cool.  They always know great restaurants, in great towns around them, and they know fun ways to spend beautiful fall days.

JO's parents asked us to go on a 16 mile bike ride with them on the East Bay Bike Path in Rhode Island.  I was a little hesitant to do this, as I had been battling a sinus infection and have never biked for more than a few miles.  I figured if JO's parents could do it I could too!  We were lucky to find a day that worked for all of us and we were even luckier with the weather, low 70s and no wind.

We started at Haines State Park and rhode eight miles to Bristol.  Along the way we stopped for Dells



and to take in the beautiful ocean views.


The bike path is mostly shaded and very flat.  It's well kept and although there were a lot of people using it, it wasn't too crowded.


In Bristol we stopped for lunch at DeWolf Tavern.  This is a great old fashioned tavern with lots of exposed brick and wrought iron.  We were able to get a table on the patio and enjoyed some really delicious mussels and steak and cheese sandwiches.


It was a bit hard to get back on our bikes, for the eight mile trek back, but we stopped for ice cream about half way which made it easier.



I never knew I could bike ride that much!  I loved cruising around on my bike and spending time with great people.


No comments:

Post a Comment