Sunday, October 4, 2015

Echosmith and the Intercontinental

Last May I discovered the band Echosmith and I bought their CD on Itunes.  I rarely buy a whole CD but I was hooked and it ended up being quite good.  It turned out that I discovered the group just a few weeks late, as their show at the Middle East was already sold out.  I started following the band on Facebook and found out that they were playing a show in the fall at the Pavilion.

The weather held out for us, although it was just slightly chilly.  The Pavilion is such a fun place to see a concert and who doesn't love the Seaport area.  Echosmith was an opening act so it left us with plenty of time to enjoy the Seaport.




Back when we went to the Lookout in June we stared longingly at the tiki torches at the Intercontinental across the way.  We tried to get a table outside that night but itan was so crowded we ended up at Smith and Wollinsky's.  So when we saw a table open after the concert we took it.

The atmosphere is fun and casual.  The tiki torches add to the atmosphere.  We ordered drinks and some oysters (it's surprisingly hard to find oysters in the Seaport) and enjoyed another night of patio fun.  I'm not sure I need to go back to this place though.  The drinks are so ridiculously expensive.  Why spend your money here when you can sit at the outdoor bar at Smith and Wollinksy's and pay less.



Back at the end of August, when I was having a mini-freak out about going back to school, JO made a point of telling me we could still have lots of city adventures even though I was headed back.  Going to a concert and hanging out at the Intercontinental was a perfect was to remind me of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment