Thursday, October 22, 2015

Running and Ribs- A Perfect Combination

Our first 5k of the season really snuck up on us.  I had been fighting a sinus infection for almost three weeks so my training had been pretty limited.  Given that and the forecast of torrential downpours I was pretty sure I was going to skip the race but the forecast changed at the last minute and I decided to go for it.  The race route goes right by my house, so if I wasn't feeling great I could always just stop at our apartment instead of finishing.

Surprisingly, I did ok.  I finished in 31 minutes and had a great time celebrating with JO and our friends at the post race party.  With our VIP access we were able to skip the lines and hang out in the "cage" with our own drinks within reach.


After the race, we headed over to the East Cambridge Business Association's Smoke This Rib Fest.  About twenty area restaurants cook their best ribs and compete for title of "Best Rib."  The city shuts down a large portion of Cambridge Street and there is even some live music.  The event is always a great time, but especially fun when you're fueling up after a race.  My favorite was Ole's rib with quinoa.  I wish they served it on their regular menu.








It was a beautiful fall day and a great day to be outside.  We were having so much fun that we made a stop at Slumbrew Brewery for a quick Happy Sol before calling it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment