Sunday, October 4, 2015

Weekend Away at Three Mile Island

My parents having been going to Three Mile Island on LakeWinnipesaukee the third weekend in September since 1978.  I missed some years in my early twenties and thirties because I thought it wasn't "cool" but I've fixed that and I really look forward to the weekend on the island.  It's so nice to see my dad surrounded by his friends.  It didn't hurt that this year the weather was amazing!

Three Mile Island is run by the Appalachian Mountain Club.  You rent a rustic cabin, with no electricity, and the Croo cooks up three meals on Saturday and two on Sunday.  You also get access to canoes, sail boats, and kayaks.  You can hike around the island (it's pretty small), go swimming, relax on the dock, or hang out in the lodge.

Words can't express how special this place is so I'll just let the pictures talk for themselves.














No comments:

Post a Comment