Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Portsmouth Outing

My favorite singer, Chad Stokes, announced a small show in Portsmouth so of course I bought tickets for it right away.  Luckily, we were able to combine the show with a quick visit with our friends who live in Portsmouth.

I love Portsmouth.  It's like a giant Harvard Square with great shopping and restaurants.  We met our friends at Flatbreads for some delicious pizza.  I have never been to a Flatbreads and I was totally impressed with the food.  The pizza had a delicious thin crust.  We got the taco pizza and it was scrumptious.  Our friends got the community pizza, featuring lots of mushrooms, and I've been wanting a slice ever since.  I was glad to find out there is a Flatbreads in Davis Square so we might need to head over there soon.  It was fun catching up with our friends.  I feel like our schedules have been so crazy lately that fitting in time with friends is so limited.

After dinner we headed over to the Music Hall Loft for the concert.  The Loft is a super small, intimate concert venue.  I think there were just around 75seats or so.  I was psyched to see Chad in such a small place.  The show was fabulous and featured three of my most favorite songs:  Keepsake, Mr. Larkin, and the Diner Song.




Even though I was exhausted, and I thought about bailing on the whole outing, I'm so glad I stuck with it.  We had so much fun that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment