Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Day 104~ Out and About (with Unicorns)

On Day 104 I had my first social engagement with actual friends.  My Fake Mentor, a teacher friend from back in my early years of teaching, organized a backyard "Bring Your Own Everything Social Distancing" get together for me, her, and another teacher friend.  She has a big backyard with a pool so we could all spread out and enjoy some time catching up.  Since we are all teachers we spent a long time thinking about what next year will look like and how crazy the last few months were.  Plus, there were unicorns which was a real plus!


It was great to see friends in a safe way and to get out of the living room for a significant portion of the day!

When I got home I was scrolling through Facebook, as one often does, and saw that Deuxave announced the opening of their patio.  I showed JO the pictures and he said we should go.  This would mean breaking our "no Boston" rule but we felt like it was ok because the patio looked well spaced out and we just need to walk over the bridge to get to the restaurant so we wouldn't be "out and about" in Boston for a long time. 

When we arrived at the patio at our reserved time we were led to our table and the Maitre-de reviewed the safety policies.  I really appreciated this.  They were adamant that if you stand up your mask needs to be on, meaning if you leave your seat for any reason that mask best be worn.  Again, I'm all in favor for that. 

The patio is in the shade and the weather was perfect for a night out in the city.  Deuxave is at the intersection of Mass Ave. and Comm Ave. (hence the two aves name) and the beautiful trees of Comm Ave. really make you feel like you are in the prettiest part of the city.    I loved that the traffic was light and kept it quiet on the patio.  I don't normally take pictures of my food at places like this, but the main meals were just too amazing not to grab a picture.  (I didn't get a pic of the appetizer but my goodness was it delicious~ burrata with thin slices of melt in your mouth prosciutto and morel mushrooms with frisée salad.)

The meal, atmosphere, and experience were all so reminiscent of pre March 12th times.  For an hour or so, we were city living and it was lovely.  


The views on the walk back over the Mass Ave. bridge were stunning and we stopped to grab some pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment