Saturday, June 6, 2020

Day 86~ Friday Fun Day

On Friday, I had the opportunity to participate in a donors town hall for the Boston Ballet.  I was blown away by the thorough, detailed presentation.  In just thirty minutes, the executive director of the ballet clearly explained all of the decisions that have been made so far, the plans for postponed ballets, and the plan for the future.  She didn't sugar coat anything when it came to financial matters.  Most importantly, the dancers' health and the audience's safety are driving all of these choices. 

It was a gorgeous evening, so JO and I decided to go for a walk into Harvard Square.  We stopped by the "Lemonade Stand" at Russell House Tavern for some oysters!  Oh my goodness, I have really missed oysters!








I loved seeing all of the hearts and welcome back signs the Harvard Square Business Association had put up in the windows of all of the businesses in the square.


We extended the evening with burgers from Tasty Burger.  Unfortunately, someone sat down near where we were sitting and started smoking, obviously with no mask.  We immediately packed up and moved locations.  We sat in the courtyard at the Charles Hotel.  It made me a bit sad thinking about how this space should be all set up for the Legal's Outdoor Bar.  It was one of the first times that I really had that "sad/missing" feeling.

I am definitely not ready to be eating out, either on a patio or indoors, anytime soon.  I feel like a lot of people are ignoring the very real dangers that still exist from the virus. 

And finally, what an amazing power move from the DC mayor.  Sometimes a woman just knows what needs to be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment